For many, summer vacations have already begun, while some pack their bags to enjoy a few days away from worries and problems. As you pack your bags, take a look at the list below so you don’t forget the basics. Sunscreen, sunglasses, shading products, reusable water bottles, coffee glasses as well as straws and of course guided meditations that you will find on the platforms you listen to podcasts and on YouTube.
What should I look out for when buying sunscreen:
- High SPF
- UVA and UVB protection
- Dermatologically tested
- Tear-free, especially face sunscreens
- Reef safe & biodegradable
- Vegan/Not tested on animals
- No parabens
- No synthetic fragrances
- No octinoxate (it has been shown to be potentially harmful to animals and the environment)
- No oxybenzone (causes horrible damage on coral reefs)
How do I choose sunglasses?
- 100% UV protection certification
- Big sunglasses to cover your eyes, even on the side
- Dark lenses, unless you use them for other activities, and you need other color lenses such as blue, green, or yellow
- Polarized lenses are not covering more UV protection, they reduce glare from horizontal surfaces such as water, road and snow, so i.e. you may enjoy driving better
How to sit long on the beach
- Don’t forget to take your sea umbrella and enjoy your swimming
- If you choose to be on the beach during the high sun radiation time, stay covered with light-colored t-shirts and hats, wear your sunscreen, and stay hydrated.
- Of course, always throw away your trash in the nearest trash can and recycle all the recyclables.
Add new habits
- Keep your reusable bottle and coffee mug or cup close and refill
- Choose materials such as stainless steel to keep the temperature longer
- You can ask your favorite coffee/juice/tea to be served in it and enjoy it
- Remember, there is a variety of reusable straws
Enjoy meditation by the sea
What is vacation without meditation? Meditation helps us stay focused in the moment, enjoying every minute of our vacation, leaving behind the problems of everyday life. Many find it difficult to put the stress of work behind them so that they do not rest as much as they would like or as long as they wait. The beach is a perfect place for meditation. If you like guided meditation, you can find the summer episode of BrainTuning Podcast, Ocean Magic and let your mind travel to the depths of the sea.
Happy summer, and happy holidays.